Our Growing Family

Our Growing Family

Friday, December 10, 2010

Goals



I've been cleared by the doctor to start working out again, and if watching the Biggest Loser has taught me anything it is to set goals for yourself to keep you motivated. So my sister and I are signing up to run a half marathon in March. I'm not planning on racing and chances are I will be slowly jogging and probably walking, my goal is just to finish.

So I'm going to start out my workout routine slow, listen to my body and get healthy. I have been using the "I'm pregnant" or "I'm nursing" excuse to eat what I want when I want and that's going to change. I've been doing a lot of research about working out while nursing and have found multiple sources that say the milk supply isn't affected by exercise but is affected by diet. So I plan to make my calorie intake higher while eating healthier foods that way me and baby are happy and healthy.

I know it sounds funny but I feel more lethargic not working out. Exercise gives me an energy boost and a little time to myself with no kiddos:) I will eventually get this baby weight off, no pills, no crash diets, just slow and steady from eating healthy and exercise.

Hoping to loose 50lbs by next Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment