Our Growing Family

Our Growing Family

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Dozen Blessings for Hope


At 1:08am Monday morning I woke up to my dog Hope barking from the laundry room. She had delivered her first puppy and freaked out. I calmed her down, laid her on her blanket and handed her baby boy. He was so tiny! I got a little nervous, which is silly because I wasn't the one in labor. The second puppy was born about 15 minutes later. I had to kind of help her find the puppy and prompt the clean up. The third puppy came and she was a pro! The first four came quickly ( about 15-20 minutes apart)the next 6 came about every 30-40 minutes, an hour later was puppy #11 and an hour after that puppy #12. I was up the entire 7 hours, giving Hope food & water, petting her, helping the pups find food, ect.


It was an incredible experience, I just hope next time she delivers during the day so the girls can be there for it. They ere pretty excited to wake up to 12 puppies in the house though. She is such a good mommy, it is really neat to see my crazy, hyper puppy turn into a calm, mature, responsible "woman" over the course of a couple weeks.


Now I am the proud owner 12 Golden Retriever Puppies for the next 8 WEEKS!

Meet Bandit The Racoon, he is going to help me see how fast the puppies grow week by week.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! They are so cute! This makes me want to buy a house tomorrow so I have room for a puppy in 8 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So...are all the puppies spoken for??

    ReplyDelete