Our Growing Family

Our Growing Family

Monday, July 26, 2010

Selah Update !!!

We had our monthly OB visit today and Selah is right on track. Today was also our first appointment with my new and favorite Dr. Stuckey! She read over my file beforehand and knew we were pretty set on wanting a VBAC, so far Kaiser has been very anti-VBAC with me having a 2 Csetion history. She immediately began telling us about the risks involved with both Csection and VBAC deliveries and supported our decision to try a natural delivery. PRAISE GOD!!! I expressed my gratitude and she said that the doctor she met for lunch with before my appointment was the one to thank. He, Dr. Beecher, brought up recent medical journals supporting VBAC deliveries and swayed her decision. I truly believe God arranged that lunch and has blessed me with favor ( many of you know this has been a battle for me since the beginning.) We made a game plan on the delivery, Selah will be monitored and any signs of fetal distress and I am on the operating table no questions asked. I am totally fine with that, I just want a chance:) Drugs administered is a future discussion depending on how labor goes and they will not induce labor by any means. I have another ultrasound at my 36 weeks check up, if Selah is measuring anything near her sister Nevaeh's size then we will be forced to schedule a Csection (understandable). Let's pray for a normal size baby folks! As it stands my due date is October 26th, Selah is the one who will determine that though. We will be delivring at Zion Hospital in San Diego. Jason and I are thrilled, we are grateful for this opportunity and pray that there are no complications! Prayers are appreciated:)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Heather! Dr. Beecher was one of my doctor's when I was pregnant with Jon. Whenever my doctor was out of town then I saw him! Since I went weekly, we saw him several times. I find it kind of ironic that an older doctor would be the one who is cutting edge and up on new procedures. I'm happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we are so excited! Dr. Stucky is my new OB, she and Dr. Beecher are friends. I am so excited!!! Everyone thus far has said there was no chance for VBAC, and now I get the chance to prove them wrong!

    ReplyDelete