Our Growing Family

Our Growing Family

Monday, September 21, 2009

Hallelujah Jubilee

This past weekend Jason, myself and 4 other leaders took nearly 40 youth group kids to Magic Mountain for Hallelujah Jubilee. It's a special event weekend Magic Mountain puts on for church groups and other Christian organizations. We left the church at 3pm, ate dinner at 6pm and were in the park by 7pm. Jason and I rode X2, Tatsu, Viper, Deja Vu and Terminator Revolution the first night (which closed at midnight, way past my bed time). By the time we got to Lake View Church and got the kids to fall asleep it was nearly 2am. The lovely high school kids decided that 6 am would be a good time to wake up and get ready. We didnt have to be out of there until 730am, if it were up to me 7am would have worked just fine (I'm old). We stopped for a 2 hour breakfast then headed back to the park. Jason and I rode Goliath, Scream, Batman, Bumper Cars and Riddlers Revenge. We ended our adventure with The Afters and Project 86 concerts.
It was a fun weekend but a mentaly and physically exhausting one at that. Jason and I both teased about how the park is different when you get older. You pack differently too, Dramamine and Exedrin Migrane were on the top of both of our packing lists:)
Overall we had a great time and were able to build closer relationships with the kids and fellow leaders!

2 comments: