Our Growing Family

Our Growing Family

Monday, February 1, 2010

Making the Switch


Jason and I watched the movie Food Inc. last night and now view food differently. I have always known that processed foods are bad for you but the main reason they are created are because they are cheap. The problem being that instead of our demands being for healthy, fresh foods we are making them for cheap, high calorie foods, making the fresh food market more expensive and less desirable. Another big problem which caught my attention is the meat market. Our beef and chicken are raised primarily on corn, it's cheap and helps them bulk up faster... doesn't sound bad at all right? Problem is the E Coli virus is spread because of this unnatural diet and contaminates our food. Even the run off from these cattle farms get into the water supply and contaminate our produce. This is serious stuff and it's happening now! I was seriously freaked out from this video. I am going to do some serious research on where to farm raised, grass fed meats. We are going to try and do our part by buying from local Farmers Markets and cut out fast food consumption. Chipotle, a "fast food" chain prizes themselves in buying fresh farm raised, grass fed meats. I'm going to look into other "healthy" alternative places. I recommend watching the movie, it's an eye opener!

1 comment: